The 666 Shadow Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The 666 Shadow Lords

Kin Information and Important Topics

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mellon is dead.... Long live ?

Go down 
+10
Hirowyn
Willaphor
Teledryt
Mikeymir
Telladan
Ianadan
Devilish
Reavor
tharros
Loken
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Loken
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Loken

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Mellon is dead.... Long live ? Empty
PostSubject: Mellon is dead.... Long live ?   Mellon is dead.... Long live ? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 3:59 pm

Ok, I need you all to come up with a new name for our alliance.

Mellon is no longer going to be our alliance name. (I will speak to GoT, RoR, FH and WoC when I am online next)

Come up with some names, ideas etc..

We will be setting a new channel up but details on that will be given at a later date. The alliance name will no longer be the alliance channel name.

Loken
Back to top Go down
tharros
Master Guardsman
Master Guardsman

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Mellon is dead.... Long live ?   Mellon is dead.... Long live ? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 5:24 pm

iv thought long and hard about a name and have come up with......

the tharros alliance! no? ok well what about.....

the tharrim alliance! ah well as you can see im not great at coming up with names but i do have a couple of suggestions.

i reckon it should be a name which fits in with lord of the rings. it might sound obvious but i mean try to make it sound appealing to be in (maybe someone who knows a lot about the lore can help here). with the 'mellon' alliance as good as it was i couldnt help but think of a large round fruit everytime i heard it.

as for the channel name lets keep it a bit random so you cannot guess it (we all know what happened to my 'alliance' chat Sad)
Back to top Go down
Reavor
Master Guardsman
Master Guardsman
Reavor

Number of posts : 192

PostSubject: Re: Mellon is dead.... Long live ?   Mellon is dead.... Long live ? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 10:09 am

How about,

SageSpeak
Back to top Go down
Devilish
Sergeant of the Guard
Sergeant of the Guard
Devilish

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Mellon is dead.... Long live ?   Mellon is dead.... Long live ? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 10:15 am

Brotherhood

AxisOfEvil
Back to top Go down
Ianadan
Esquire
Esquire

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: New name for the Alliance   Mellon is dead.... Long live ? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 10:30 am

How about calling it The Fellowship of Eriador. Ok its not brilliant but sums up what we are about making new friends and helping each other.
Back to top Go down
Telladan
Master Guardsman
Master Guardsman
Telladan

Number of posts : 202

PostSubject: Re: Mellon is dead.... Long live ?   Mellon is dead.... Long live ? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 11:08 am

What about "ainur", which means "holy ones" (what we are and the others not).

>joinchannel ainur: short + link to lord of the rings
Back to top Go down
Mikeymir
Esquire
Esquire
Mikeymir

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Mellon is dead.... Long live ?   Mellon is dead.... Long live ? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 1:02 pm

What about Shadowalliance or Allianceofthering.. simple but effective.

Mikey
Back to top Go down
Loken
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Loken

PostSubject: Re: Mellon is dead.... Long live ?   Mellon is dead.... Long live ? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 2:19 pm

Remember the alliance name is not gonna be the channels name. That is seperate and will be discussed in private Smile

I would say with the Warriors, Lords, Riders, Heroes and Traders we can use these names to come up with something.

Example could be the alliance is called the Court of Curruption or something like FUWAB (fuck you we are better) lol

Loken
Back to top Go down
Teledryt
Master-at-arms
Master-at-arms
Teledryt

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Mellon is dead.... Long live ?   Mellon is dead.... Long live ? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 3:25 pm

The Riding Guild of Shadow Warriors :p

Uses all of 'em don't it? Ah well, I'm not one for naming things anyway
Back to top Go down
Ianadan
Esquire
Esquire

PostSubject: New name for the Alliance   Mellon is dead.... Long live ? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 3:52 pm

Ok how about Guild of Riders,Warriors Heroes and Lords of the shadows if you want to link all the alliance kins together in title but i prefer Lokens Riders,Traders warriors and Heroes myself Smile
Back to top Go down
Willaphor

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Mellon is dead.... Long live ?   Mellon is dead.... Long live ? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 9:32 pm

"The Alliance of Raids wiped by Loken" is much better imo - all the name has to do is sum up the alliance Smile
Back to top Go down
tharros
Master Guardsman
Master Guardsman

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Mellon is dead.... Long live ?   Mellon is dead.... Long live ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 1:42 am

if i had to pick one of the suggestions so far i think id go with tella's. its a bit more classy and ties in with the game well Smile
Back to top Go down
Hirowyn
Esquire
Esquire

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Mellon is dead.... Long live ?   Mellon is dead.... Long live ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 11:04 am

I think that any name should focus more on the "group" than necessarily being a macho name (which all the kin names are already)

"Fellowship of Endlessnights" would be my serious suggestion (could be Endlessknights if u prefer)

Personally the one group on FFXI that I was part of and always made me smile when I equipped the pearl was "Dontdropthesoap"!!!
Back to top Go down
sug
Footman
Footman

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Mellon is dead.... Long live ?   Mellon is dead.... Long live ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 7:50 pm

latin , amicitia, which means friendship

Classical pronunciation: ah-mee-KEE-tee-ah

Dakota \d(a)-ko-ta\ is pronounced da-KOH-tah.
It is of Native American Indian origin, and its meaning is "friend, ally". Tribal name

Lakota friend or ally (same with Dakota and Nakota)

Taino: we the good people - Pronunciation: (tī'nō)

just a few idea's, lol

Sug. x
Back to top Go down
sug
Footman
Footman

PostSubject: Re: Mellon is dead.... Long live ?   Mellon is dead.... Long live ? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 6:42 pm

Traders, Warriors, Heros, Riders, Lords

TWHRL (pronounced twirl)... lol only initials thing i can make work...lol

Sug. x
Back to top Go down
Loken
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Loken

PostSubject: Re: Mellon is dead.... Long live ?   Mellon is dead.... Long live ? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:21 pm

Thats not bad Sug. Nice work with the letters

I say we go with that then for now. We can always change it again.

TWHRL alliance

Any objections?
Back to top Go down
sug
Footman
Footman

PostSubject: Re: Mellon is dead.... Long live ?   Mellon is dead.... Long live ? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 7:09 pm

lol not my fav outta my suggestions but if thats ok then ok....lol

Sug. x
Back to top Go down
Telladan
Master Guardsman
Master Guardsman
Telladan

Number of posts : 202

PostSubject: Re: Mellon is dead.... Long live ?   Mellon is dead.... Long live ? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 12:09 am

Loken wrote:
Thats not bad Sug. Nice work with the letters

I say we go with that then for now. We can always change it again.

TWHRL alliance

Any objections?

Well, u have to make a decision soon maybe. But TWHRL?????

I prefer Hiros suggestion (Fellowship of Endlessnights+ my channel-name (ainur).

Tella
Back to top Go down
Ianadan
Esquire
Esquire

PostSubject: mellon is dead   Mellon is dead.... Long live ? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 2:16 am

twhrl is almost hebrew as i believe they dont have any vowels in their alphabet. it may be confusing to some as to pronunciation but will do as a working title for now i guess
Back to top Go down
Elderon
Guardsman
Guardsman
Elderon

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Mellon is dead.... Long live ?   Mellon is dead.... Long live ? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:24 pm

Last Heroes Of Atlantis!-Atlantis was in the sea,close to numenor....it was drowned during the days of morgoth..or before it...i really cannot remember...but it's there.i know i'm no longer in the kin but...it's a suggestion. Smile
Back to top Go down
sug
Footman
Footman

PostSubject: Re: Mellon is dead.... Long live ?   Mellon is dead.... Long live ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 1:42 am

well im not sure bout the last heros bit but if the rest is true atlantis isa nice name Smile

Sug. x
Back to top Go down
Loken
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Loken

PostSubject: Re: Mellon is dead.... Long live ?   Mellon is dead.... Long live ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:07 pm

Ok as we are not getting any clear answers I have reviewed all names and the alliance will be known as:

The Fellowship of Endless Nights

Any objections have to be posted before I log on the game tonite. I will make official post on Codies forum when i get home from work.

This can be amended to another name at a later date. We need to officially change the alliance asap.

I will sort out a new channel and tell all officers and leaders so they can pass it on.

Loken
Back to top Go down
sug
Footman
Footman

PostSubject: Re: Mellon is dead.... Long live ?   Mellon is dead.... Long live ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:20 pm

sorry i think it is too much of a mouthfull - anyway you can put it up for a vote of something. you have a voting system on ur new site is there one on here - pick a couple of the names and let a vote run for 24 hrs?

i Vote for Dakota - meaning friend/ally so if you do put a vote up can u add this one pls.

Other wise i will go with what ever is decided - Smile

Sug. x
Back to top Go down
Loken
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Loken

PostSubject: Re: Mellon is dead.... Long live ?   Mellon is dead.... Long live ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 9:45 pm

dammit! lol

Its so hard to get the right name. Smile

Ok, lets use a smaller name then.

Dakota sounds a bit american though.....

Ainur is a good one too.

Our new site is still getting sorted so I will make it simple....Choose Dakota or Ainur

I choose Ainur Smile
Back to top Go down
sug
Footman
Footman

PostSubject: Re: Mellon is dead.... Long live ?   Mellon is dead.... Long live ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:21 pm

lol sounds to much like anus = dont want anyone calling me an asshole behind my back....lol

So i vote Dakota = friend / ally

Sug. x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mellon is dead.... Long live ?   Mellon is dead.... Long live ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mellon is dead.... Long live ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next